Sunday, September 8, 2013

Little Flowers- Eutrapelia

Today we began Wreath III for our Little Flowers girls club.  We are meeting at a church library this year.  Sissy and I got there early and she was the biggest helper with getting set up.

20130908_135638

When the girls got there they colored these pictures of Mary and Martha and we talked about their lives.  I read them the story of Martha from More Once Upon a Time Saints.

 20130908_203433

20130908_203402

Then the Moms and I did a skit based on this skit found here.   We talked about our virtue "Eutrapelia", which is pleasantness in conversation.  The Catholic Encyclopedia says, "Eutrapelia - good cheer, which disposes to moderation in sports, games, and jests, in accordance with the dictates of reason, taking into consideration the circumstance of person, season, and place."

We then learned our memory verse:

20130908_203446

We talked about the many ways we can make the world a happier place with our pleasant  joyful, even playful personalities.  When I asked why we should be joyful one child said, "so others may also be joyful."  So true!  We then worked on our album pages.  

20130908_203337


Then we made beeswax candles as a craft.  They talked about how happiness lights up the world and when we don't let our light shine things get darker.  

20130908_150832

20130908_150826


20130908_150903 20130908_150818

We also had delicious snacks.  Then it was playtime.  Lots of running, knock knock jokes and Simon says.  :)

20130908_152726

One last story about Juliabug.  Tonight we were having dinner with friends and the dad asked, "Julia, what is your favorite part of school?"  I wondered what she might say as I hadn't ever asked her.  She said, "we get to go to the chapel and pray every day."  I said, "what do you pray for when you are in there?"  She said, "I pray for all of you at home."  Then our friend said, "What's the worst part of school?"  And I wondered again what she might say because I've never heard her complain.  She thought and thought and smiled and said, "nothing!"  :)  Sweet angel- how in the world did you come to me?  I learn from you every day sweet girl.  When I grow up I want to be sweet like Sissy.

20130908_135631

1 comment:

BB said...

I want to be like Sissy when I grow up also! What a jewel she has always been. She doesn't work to see the good, she simply sees it.
I think of a Bob Dylan line that reminds me of myself: "Ah, but I was so much older then/I'm younger than that now". I have much to learn from these babies!