Monday, December 16, 2013

Annual JOYFUL Party

We have a party during the 3rd week of Advent (the pink candle- Joy) every year.  This past Saturday we had it, and I think it may have been the best yet.  We had over 60 people come and had it catered by Salvatores.  :)  I never take many pics because I'm busy hostessing and refilling ice buckets and tea pitchers.  But it was beautiful and reverent and focused on Christ's incarnation!

20131214_201628
20131214_201727

20131214_201431

20131214_201437

20131214_201454

20131214_201501

20131214_201536

I said, "pretend I'm not here- everybody act natural" and they jokingly posed like this- :)

20131214_201547

20131214_201651

20131214_201732

That white cake is "tres leches" brought by a friend from Guatemala and I loved it!

20131214_201738

When we gathered these four men read the words from parts 1 and 2 from Handel's Messiah.  They are truly soul filling, heart lifting words.

20131214_203947

20131214_204022

20131214_204638

Just a tiny bit-


Then we all sang these gorgeous hymns of comfort and joy while Dr. Chris played the guitar!

20131214_132138

Just a sample-



20131214_204945

2 comments:

holly said...

It can't have been the best yet, because the Moores weren't there!! Looks fabulous as always!!

Jennifer McShea said...

It always looks like such fun! And yummy! Next year you should totally hire some college students or the like to fill the ice buckets and tea pitchers and to do other serving stuff so you can enJOY, enJOY, enJOY!