Monday, March 17, 2014

A cozy Monday

I am starting to love Mondays.  We always have very busy weekends, and I don't do laundry or housework on Sundays so Mondays are my days to get everything in order.   Today was just so nice.  We woke up and had breakfast (while Marky read a bio on Rembrandt), and then I intentionally spent an hour in the playroom with Tucker and Charlie doing puzzles and reading stories while Marky and Julia finished their morning chores and did their math independently.  I can forget to play with the little boys when I get in task mode so I've just made playing with them "a task".  :)

At ten the piano teacher arrived and worked with Marky while I did grammar and writing with Julia (she fell and hurt her hand and coudn't take her piano lesson today).  Then as the boys watched Little Bear, I folded two loads of laundry and Julia did religion while Marky did more math.  At lunch Julia read a book on horses and Marc read one on WWII tanks.   After lunch they watched two American history shows while I read to Charlie and put him to bed, and then read three science books to Tucker and Julia.  Then Marky and I did grammar and writing while Tucker and Julia colored pictures of St. Patrick (after she completed her cursive handwriting work).   Julia also read some Magic School Bus books to Tucker.  After supper we prayed as a family and read a few more stories about St. Patrick's Day and then let them read in bed.   Each child put away their stack of clean laundry before hitting the sack.  I am beyond grateful for this day of peaceful learning and growing.

Tucker and Marc's-

 At some point totally on his own Marc drew this-

Julia's-



These unscripted moments melt my heart- you can see all Sissy's bandages and scrapes.  She fell off her scooter in the steep driveway yesterday and got really torn up- her elbows, side, hands and face- even her clothes were shredded and had to be thrown away.  She has been very brave and is getting better and better.





Big brother earned some time on the "icade" and little brother was eager to watch him play Red Baron-




No comments: