Saturday, March 8, 2014

Virginia Trip

With basketball over we finally had a weekend to go visit my grandparents.  We dashed up to Virginia getting there Thursday and coming back Saturday.  We spent the night on the road in a hotel.  All four children were in the same room and it was no problem.  Charlie asked to get in his crib!  He went right to sleep!  I was shocked.



We put Julia and Tucker on the pull-out couch and Marky slept on the floor on top of the couch cushions.  It worked for one night.  :)



 It was a very short visit and a very long drive, but as I told Marc tonight- it was totally worth it for this- storytime with great-grandparents. :)





Pawpaw read to Charlie- Tucker read to Pawpaw.  :)








We didn't pack any toys or anything, but Memaw and Pawpaw have an electric Christmas train that the children LOVE and play with over and over.





 
On Friday we had planned a trip to Appomattox and were totally surprised to wake up to SNOW!  We stayed home the whole day and just played and rested.



 
 


SNOW BALL FIGHT!!







I love this shot- a snowball had just exploded on Marky!










 Marc, Marky, and Tucker made a snow fort- actually it was a snow bunker.  They called it "Fort MighTy" after M and T in Marc and Tucker.  It was their fort and Daddy attacked it.
 





 

This was the defrosting station.  


Charlie picked up this phone and I asked Marky to "hang it up"- he said "how do I know it's off?  There is no 'off'' button on here"  Sigh. I had to school him on how the old-timey phones worked.  :) 


Charlie stayed warm inside most of the time and took a nap.  :)

Sunday is Memaw's birthday so we got her flowers and a card and they were delivered by our family cherub- 

Charlie has very sensitive eyes so we have to be careful to shield the sun from him.  We found out that watching the TV while driving at night hurt his eyes so he wore my sunglasses to watch his movies in the car.  :)

So that's the trip- a nice time and so grateful for my grandparents.  Now we jump back into real life.  :)

4 comments:

Lori said...

So happy for ya'll to make this trip and spend time with family!

Anonymous said...

What a blessing for your children to know & spend time with your Grandparents. The sacrifice to take 4 kids on a long trip is well worth the family time. We just lost both of my Dad's parents within 6 months of each other & I am so thankful for the many visits my children had with them, including our month long visit to VA last summer. The memories we make become part of who we are & live on in our hearts after our loved ones are gone. My oldest will always remember & cherish his great-grandparents.
Your family is precious!!
Hugs
Stephanie

holly said...

So sweet!! Marky is getting huge...look at those feet! He is gonna be big like al. I had a friend tell me the other day I was gonna be a grandma before I knew it!!!! She thought he was 17. I told her to give me a break, he's only 13, geez!

Amy said...

have you had Charlie's eyes checked out? Just curious because the boys eyes are sensitive to light. But had Jake not had nystagmus we would probably not have known about their ocular albinism until they got much older. Just curious.