She spent Thursday with her brother, and then on Friday we took them to BB and Poppy's farm! We started with a tour of the farm and the children played for a while in the playroom.
Then we had lunch- BB made a delicious meal of drunken meat balls complete with cobbler made from their homegrown blueberries.
After lunch Marc took the children on a ride in the wagon as they ate ice cream-
Then it was boat riding time. First the daddies took the three boys (Marc Jr. was at a birthday party and didn't come)-
Then Melanie and Morgan took their kids and Julia on a ride-
While they were paddling, Marc decided that he could push over this dead tree and after a few tries he got it!
After boating their little girl was ready for a nap and they had to hit the road. It was SUCH a fun time- our families get along so well we will have to do it again. After they left we had to fish a little. Julia is our family fishergirl, and all she ever wants to do at the farm is fish, fish, fish. :)
Charlie loved holding his giant bamboo pole. He kept saying "I catch a fish" over and over. :) He might like it as much as Julia.
While we had all the fun at the farm, Marky had the time of his life at a birthday party (homeschooled kids have birthday parties on weekdays- ha!). We took Marky over there Friday morning and the birthday boy was totally surprised- he didn't know he was having a party! :) After about several more boys arrived they had nerf gun battles for hours. (P.S. these boys are older than Marc- he just is very tall. It always looks like he doesn't have friends his own age, but he does!)
We got home that afternoon from the farm, our friends dropped off Marky, and we had a peaceful Friday night. We had pizza, prayed the Stations of the Cross as a family, and then watched The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Marc had just finished reading the book to the oldest three and they were eager to watch it.
Thank you again Melanie for coming! Let's do it again!

































.jpg)








4 comments:
How fun! And I love that Marc got to join you on a Friday!
So Melanie is just as tiny as she was in high school after 3 kids. Gag. So glad y'all got to hang!! And just a few weeks ago, I finished reading the Lion the witch and the wardrobe to my kiddos and we watched the movie as a family on Hadley's baptism bday. So sweet! I was surprised Eli was able to follow, but he did! I did little reading comprehension checks every once in awhile and he answered all my questions!
Hey thanks for having us up there! You guys (and your parents) were fantastically hospitable. And I think Jack is a changed man since he had someone to sword fight for 30 minutes.
Wish we were closer geographically.
But, y'know, I guess somebody's gotta watch the swamp.
-The Breck Girl
Thank you Donna, Marc, BB & Poppy! We had such a fun trip, it was wonderful to catch up! So fun sitting in the kitchen again and I almost wet my pants when you spit your drink out because you were laughing so hard! We will be back but I will not ride the paddle boat next time. My legs were jello for 3 days afterwards.
Hi Holly, my secret is I have the 2 busiest kids in the world and they run me absolutely ragged. You look great and congrats on the babies!
Thanks again Donna, Love you bunches,
Melanie
Post a Comment