Monday, April 20, 2015

This and that

We have had a lot of rain lately and it always floods in the middle section of our front walkway.  It drives me crazy, but the little ones love it.  :)

It reminds me of the quote, "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain."






Today was beautiful, however, and we were out enjoying it.  I took all four children to the dentist and there were no cavities to be found!  Mommy was relieved!  Julia got to stay after horseback riding lessons for a while and try riding bareback while her horse ate clover.  It was so cute- she did fall off and so did her friend- but that's part of it- learning to fall and hop back on.



All day long I hear, "can we ride our bikes to the lake?"  They love to ride in the culdesac and look at the lake.  I won't take them by myself because I inevitably end up carrying Charlie and/or his bike up the too steep hill when we're done, but Daddy takes them all the time.  :)










This is a precious baby!!  He has the sweetest spirit- my gentle tough guy.

This baby has my heart!  Yesterday when Marc and I were on the porch watering the ferns he said, "Spway me wif water pwease."  We said, "no we are about to eat supper and you don't need to be all wet."  Then he started singing happily, "it's waining, it's pouring, da man in da moon is snoring....he bumped his head and went to bed and couldn't get up in da morning."  Then we sprayed him and he ran and giggled.  You sing a cute baby voice song and you get what you want.  Momma is easily manipulated.

I made a pot roast tonight.  I found the dusty crockpot and said "hello, old friend- shall we give it another go?"  :)  I am definitely going to be using it more- making dinner in the morning when I have energy and time makes life so much more peaceful.


Yesterday I didn't have any dessert to have after supper.  We have gotten in the habit of always having a special "Lord's Day Treat" on Sunday.  Tucker said, "Mommy- did you get us a Lord's day treat?" "Um...forget the Lord's day treat?  Who do you think I am?"  I quickly threw some whip cream and strawberries in a bowl with a tiny oatmeal/chocolate cookies that I overbaked earlier and they were thrilled.  "Oh thank you Mommy- what a delicious treat!"  :)  Love these easy to please babies!



Happy Monday everyone!

1 comment:

BB said...

This whole post makes me smile.
See Tucker's hair on the second pix from the end? Well, today I washed my hair and then did things until it was dry. When I looked in the mirror later, it looked just like Tuck's in that picture!!!!!!! Imagine that!