On having three- I really think it is a turning point. All during that girls trip to Hilton Head I kept telling them I think I'm on the cusp of some big life changes- especially in the areas of sleep, home management, weight, etc. I think I've been able to coast by filling in the areas that needed filling most urgently, but not having a real overarching plan for our homelife. I don't have a "regular" laundry or grocery schedule or a "regular" workout routine or a "regular" anything. It's "do it when you can" and it's been that way for years. And for the most part we've done okay that way- the house is reasonably clean, I'm reasonably thin, we're reasonably sane....but #3 is changing things. I really don't have the TIME to do what I want and BE what I want to be. This baby is going to be a big sanctifying agent in my life- I can feel it. We have had terrible sleeping habits (which you morning people can't fathom- especially since I don't drink coffee). And I'm not losing this baby weight easily. I know stars say the weight "falls off" from chasing thier kids, but I chase kids all day and am still quite poofy. And if I don't plan ahead for things to stimulate my kids spiritually, intellectually and physically, it just doesn't get done and the days pass by. Have you seen that Kate Goesslin has a "plan ahead" sign on her table. I want one of those. Anyway, don't know why I'm telling you all this- just wanted you to know that I'm hoping for big things for summer '09. P.S. I'm totally saying this with a happy spirit, I'm not sad at all- just aware that "getting by" is not getting by anymore.
Anyway, so that I don't post without pictures- here are pics from a baby shower we threw for Catherine on Sunday. She has two girls and this is her first boy so she needed a "something blue" shower. We had a great time. Now we are off tomorrow to Virginia to visit my grandparents and along the way we will go to DOLLYWOOD in Pigeon Forge. Mama is excited!
The table- finally get to use that china and silver for something....





4 comments:
Hey Donna. I enjoyed your post! God surely does sanctify us through our children! Keep up the good work!
Hope to see ya'll soon.
I hear ya'. I need some goals and organization around here. We are flying by the seat of our pants EVERY day and hoping that those pants are clean.
And you know Kate's sign is unfinished, right? And that's the joke? get it? I'm sure you do, but just making sure.
xoxo
glad you're back online, girl! i SOOO know what you mean...pretty much everything in my life is "do it when you can"! have a fun trip and enjoy dollywood:)
Donna, so wonderful to see you all showered dear Catherine!! They need to infuse the laundry with BLUE and quick!! :) Blessings to you all as you continue to work through the amazing changes that come with #3. It really is the tipping point, isn't it?! My hubby and I admitted the other day to being complete train wrecks lately, but laughed while saying it. Thanks be to God for grace and for these little incredible people coming forth despite how large my laundry pile is. Every day is an adventure and I know it gets easier!!! Blessings to you all,
Bethany :)
Post a Comment