Monday, May 18, 2009
This is my body given up for you...
I've been thinking a lot lately about the toll babies take on your physically. The effects are long-lasting and not necessarily pleasent. I heard a homily on Friday where the pastor talked about love being sacrifice and how Christ expects us to love others as He has loved us. He then pointed to the crucifix and said, "look how he has loved us". He crucified His own flesh for us. Do we love others with that love? So I've decided that my war-wounds from child-bearing are a wonderful reminder that Christ gave his body for me and I can happily give my body (and vanity) to my children in an act of love. All we have is His and we offer it back to Him- gladly presenting our bodies as living sacrifices.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
That's so beautiful & so true!! Thanks for the reminder!! ;)
Great perspective, Donna! Thanks for sharing!!!
Extra flab, stretch marks, and all? I would do anything for my boys. It is a good perspective.
What a good perspective. I have never, EVER thought of it that way. I love it! Thanks!
beautiful post donna! thanks 4 sharing
Post a Comment