This week we had a great time in the baby pools, at the mall carousel, at playgrounds and just hanging out. I love friends you can just pick up where you left off after years. But today we are back to the nitty gritty.
P.S. my new line when people say, "you are pregnant? you want MORE?" (which is often said with a painful grimace) is "well, it's not a rash- it's a baby so YES of course I want more". (Of course I don't always say this, but sometimes I do say the "it's not a rash" with a giggle to change the TONE they are giving me). I love this article I read today "My Children are not a Statement." A blurb:
I don’t think I’m holy because I have a lot of children.
I don’t think I’m a superstar, and I don’t consider it an achievement.
I don’t say or think everyone should have big families. ...
We have children for our own reasons, and aren’t trying to say — well, anything to anyone. My children are human beings, not a statement.




1 comment:
i really am tired of people saying to me, "boy, you have your hands full!" like more than one child is just awful. i don't even consider three a lot. but i love your response and i love that quote and i love that you are about to have another baby. perhaps i should put it to memory:). glad you had a fun week!
Post a Comment