
Tucker is in his high chair eating an afternoon waffle (per his request) and has in his hand one of those birthday cards that plays music- this one plays the electric slide- you know, "it's electric- boogie woogie woogie."
My job at this juncture is to dance when the music plays and then freeze in crazy positions when he shuts the card so that he can belly laugh like crazy. It's what I do for a living.
I said to Marc (who is doing one of his jobs by hanging shelves in the laundry room), "While you do your job, I will do my job and make this sweet baby laugh."
He said, "Gosh, don't you wish you were a lawyer and doing something? Maybe taking a deposition or preparing for a big trial?"
We just laughed Tucker, Daddy and me. We all think Mommy has the best job in the whole world. Now back to the boogie woogie.




5 comments:
Awwwwww! I know for a fact that being a Mommy is the best job in the world. And making happy children pays off for a lifetime.
Wish I could be there to dance with the card and freeze when Tuck Tuck closes it too!
Oh, and about those folks who give you grief about having 4 children, please give them my private number. I'll explain it. Won't take but a minute.
Are you going to give them that bit of sign language that you taught me?
BB doesn't use sign language- she says what's on her heart.
Stop, stop, you're both right!
I call it the "multisensory approach".
it is a great job!
Post a Comment