Friday, April 27, 2012

Just a day at the park

Today we went with a couple other homeschooling families to Oak Mountain State park to enjoy the beautiful weather.  We started at the petting zoo.  At first I wasn't sure I'd make it down the sidewalk- this was in my way....

IMG_4106

Um, excuse me sir, may we pass?

IMG_4108

"NONE SHALL PASS!!!!" he said with his angry peacock sounds.... IMG_4107

It turns out that the big boys were much more interested in climbing the dam and jumping the creek than petting baby goats and sheep. IMG_4111

And poor Tuck Tuck never left my side. He did NOT like the animals- when they'd come trotting up he'd say "NO- I don't NEED to pet a goat!"

IMG_4114

Charlie thought it was awesome and kept petting them from his stoller-
IMG_4113 IMG_4112

And you know Sissy was in her element- she LOVED LOVED LOVED it and would have stayed all day- especially with the pony-
IMG_4110

"Time to go, Sissy..." "But Mommy!"
IMG_4109

Trying to leaven was tricky- the goats stampeded the gate-
IMG_4115

We brought a picnic lunch to eat in the grass, but the kids were more interested in climbing the dirt hills and playing baseball than eating-
IMG_4117

Again, all Tucker wanted to do was sit with Mommy. We read Chicka Chicka boom boom a few times. :) This picture looks like Charlie is saying "how many calories are in these Gerber wagon wheels, anyway?" IMG_4119

A fun day. And now the big kids are doing their schoolwork while the littles sleep- I love the flexibility in our schedule- and Charlie sure does like having his big siblings home during the day- IMG_4120

4 comments:

molly b. said...

Oh litte Tuck!

I don't NEED to pet a goat!

Too funny. :)

Amy said...

sounds like a great day!!! I was reading this and John glanced over not knowing what I was reading and saw the pic of Julia. He said that has got to be Donna Tucker's daughter - looks just like her. She is so beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

chicka chicka boom boom?? that's what I order at Chuy's...

love aunt shana

Jennifer McShea said...

Charlie looks like a little Julia in these pictures. Such great photos and a great day enjoying God's creation. :)