Sunday, September 30, 2012

Friday....

So on Friday Charliebear is still so sick.  He wakes up and goes to bed an hour later for three hours.  Just pitiful!  We had planned a field trip to the apple orchard and my friend Catherine saved the day and offered to take Marc and Julia for me!  And what a time they had- the orchard broke the children up into groups and moved them around teaching them about the different types of apples, how they are processed, Johnny Appleseed, etc.- what a fun time.

apples 3

apples 1

No, Tucker is not in this picture- that's his doppelganger friend-

  apples 2


apples 5 apples 4

After the apples- it was picnic time!

  apples 6

Amazingly, Catherine called from the orchard and asked if I would mind if she "stopped by Ave Maria Grotto" on the way home! What a treat! Yes, she took six kids there, but she said they were great and had a blast- I know they did!



apples 10 apples 12 apples 13 apples 14

They even found a beautiful, tree-lined path to a graveyard chapel-

  apples 7apples 8 apples 9 apples 11

It was so nice of Catherine to give the children such a special day- and to let baby Charlie rest in peace and quiet. I did have to get out when I realized we were out of diapers and medicine- here's how we roll in Babies R Us- IMG_0495

No comments: