Sunday, September 2, 2012

Last week

Has it really been a week of no posting?  What can I say-  I gave up carbs the past two weeks and have just not been myself.  :)  I did lose 9 lbs, but I also lost my sense of humor (my family tells me).  :)  I'm off the diet now and back to my happy self.  Let's see- this past week
Saturday- Marky went hiking and watching blacksmiths at Tanehill with the cub scouts
Sunday- First day of me teaching Sunday school again- both Marc and Julia are in my class- it's a Montessori-based multi-aged catechesis program.
Monday- Took all three big kids to the dentist by myself.  It went okay.  I sat with Julia and held her hand- she's the most nervous.   Tucker did great, but his hygentist (who must not have children) left him ALONE in the room to go get the dentist (and took a while).  I had a nudge from the Holy Spirit to go check on him and found him standing and "working" with all the dental tools.  I said "what are you doing!" and he said, "I need to get some water out of here".  He loved the water and suction and did that again and again. 
Tuesday-  Marky won the "best boy" gold medal thing at Boy's Choir.  He's doing really well with that and loves it.
Wednesday- Day at the library and watched the RNC convention.  Very impressed and hopeful.
Thursday- Meet the teacher day for Tucker and Charlie.  Yes, we've decided to let the wittle guys go to Moms Day Out this year two mornings a week.  Tucker is so excited.  A little boy came up and hit him as we were standing there and Tucker immediately popped him back and said loudly- "HEY!  We DO NOT hit!"  Guess he made his point.  Don't start nothin' won't be nothin.  After teachers we spent the day at the McWane center.
Friday- finally see BB for lunch after two weeks.  They were in Jamaica for their anniversary.  The hurricane missed them, thank goodness!
Saturday- head to the Troy/UAB football game with Shana and Matt!  I was so excited- I haven't been to a Troy game in 7 years!
It was Marky's first time to ever watch a football game- he loved it.  Especially the hilarious mascots who kept dancing-
 football
Shana and I danced every time the band played and danced with the mascot T-ROY.  Marc said, "you could have been T-ROY" and I have to agree- I would have brought it....
football shana

And now Sunday- pictures from this morning- squinty eyes mean he's smiling- wheeeeere's Charlie? 100_0628

There he is!
 100_0627

Funny Tuck Tuck story. In the church nursery this morning the lady said, "Do they say Roll Tide or War Eagle at your house?" and Tucker said, "At my house they say- TUCKER- LEAVE CHARLIE ALONE!" :)

100_0629 100_0637

I said, "how many frogs are on your outfit"- he said, "ten" I said, "count them..." and he said, "Ooooone, twooooooo, TEN! hahaha!" Always joking around.

100_0638 100_0631 100_0632 100_0636

There's a story we tell about me being pregnant with Tucker and getting on to Marky about being moody and I said, "I don't want to live in a house with a grumpy boy, I want a boy with a happy heart!" and Marc said (at age four)_ "well, that will be Tucker". :) He was right- Tucker does have a happy heart and we love him to pieces!

 100_0640 100_0576

That last picture I found on the camera card- apparently Marky was taking pictures- I also found this-

100_0574 And this- 100_0575 And this- 100_0597

And these are how Daddy sees Charlie as he leaves for work in the morning- Daddy don't go!

charlie one yera

It's hard for Daddy to leave this pitiful face behind- :)


charlie one year

2 comments:

Lori said...

Precious pics and I love Tucker's response to the nursery worker ;)
Too cute! Love, Lori

Lindsey said...

such a great recap! you always inspire me to blog more... but then i don't?! so fun about the troy game. we are actually going on the 15th and i am so excited! haven't been back since we graduated and i think the kids will have a blast!!