Saturday, October 5, 2013

Park and fun

Charliebear has been a bit under the weather.  After reading the Secret Garden to Julia I decided fresh air would help him get better.  :)

20131004_132822

20131004_132907

Looking for Peter Rabbit's family under the tree...

20131004_133159

20131004_133206

20131004_133215

20131004_133240

This weekend we got new porch furniture for the side porch.  I was so excited!  And the children have had a blast with the boxes- Marc made a fort with hanging lights inside and many secret places for weapons-

20131005_165507

20131005_165448

Julia and Tucker (who is lately called "Sparky the puppy dog") made a little house with an American flag-

20131005_165753


By the way, this morning Julia had a birthday party to go to at 10:30.  We left early and on the way to the party I let her go to a horse show!  She loved it!

20131005_172735

Actually, he's "Sparky the puppy dog" with Julia, and "Sparky the guard dog" when he plays with Marc.  :)

20131005_172748

20131005_173635

Random...
20131005_131359

On the way home from school on Friday, Marky said, "isn't there a program on the computer where you can type out words and print them?"  Um, yes- it's called Word.  "Well, I want to write a short story when we get home."

And when we got home he ran to the computer and sat for the longest time and wrote a 2-page typed story.  Then he started a new one!  You know if I'd asked him to do that he would have complained and said it's impossible, but I guess all the reading of Encyclopedia Brown and Hardy Boys got him in the mood to write his own mystery.  :)

20131005_170545


3 comments:

BB said...

I love their childhoods. So glad that they have time to create, play, investigate, and enjoy.

--Shelley said...

Very fun story, Marky! I am impressed with all the quotation marks etc. Remember we really never typed anything until late in high school if i remember correctly. ps: We have been reading Secret Garden too every night. It is quite a long book but we are loving it. It is my copy from when I was a child.

B-Mama said...

I am so impressed with his story and grammar! My third grader has a far way to go to reach that in a year! Way to go, Marky!