Being able to enjoy fine beverages and adult conversation, unencumbered by the needs of small and noisy people, is a real treat. If Grace and I could have spent our whole afternoon that way, it would have been nice. But there’s this paradoxical truth of the universe, one that I only learned in recent years, which states that a bunch of nice moments do not necessarily add up to a nice life — and, conversely, a bunch of really difficult moments can add up to a beautiful life. Found on Conversion Diary- HERE.
I can't get these thoughts out my head. My moment to moment life is unpredictable and often very exhausting, but I feel like these moments are adding up into a beautiful life that I feel so blessed to have. I could go to the spa or book store every day, but those nice moments will not add up to a beautiful life. There is a real joy in the journey- the grind- the work of life. I may not see the benefits in the moment, but as you look back at the journey you see the beautiful tapestry God is making out of these threads I offer Him. I realize more and more that escaping life does not make it happy- you just have to get in there and get to work, and God will meet you there.




3 comments:
Well, I know of no one on their death bed who whispered, "If only I'd had more 'me' time." They are not thinking, "I'd have more teas, or more facials, or more exercise time if I had my life to live over."
They are grateful for their eternal heritage (their faith, their loved ones, their works for the kingdom), and hope that is what is left for their next generations.
St. Francis of Assisi was right, "it is in giving that we receive".
Donna, that is so lovely. Thanks for sharing! And I love that BB is quoting saints :)
I agree!
Post a Comment