Monday, February 24, 2014

Dissection labs and overheard

Today the older children went to a dissection lab at the science center.  They both dissected an owl pellet (oh my) and a flower.  They both found rodent skulls in the pellets- they were actually very happy and Julia brought her rodent skull home! (thanks)




Here are the "exciting" things you might find in your pellet.  :)  Julia said, "oh- I was so happy to find some fur in there!"  Oh my.

While they worked the little boys and I had a fun time-





Tucker got so wet at the water table that I had to buy him a new t-shirt!






OVERHEARD:

Tonight I was reading to Tucker and showed him a painting and said:

Mommy:  What is happening here?

Tucker:  Jesus is being baptized.

Mommy:  And who baptized Jesus?

Tucker:  St. John the Baptist

Mommy:  And what river were they in?

Tucker:  The River of Competence.  :)

ALSO OVERHEARD:

Man at our home measuring the windows for new shutters-

Man:  So how many children do you have anyway?

Me:  Four.

Man:  Whoa- so are you a glutton for punishment?

Me:  No.

Man:  I mean, did you MEAN to have four?

Me:  Yes.   We love them.  We are very happy.

Man:  I mean- I grew up with five sisters and we had an awesome time and I wouldn't trade it for anything.  It was the best childhood.   BUT- I know I am too selfish to have a big family.  I HOPE God doesn't send me any more than two.

Me:  Silence.

OVERHEARD AT BEDTIME:

We were saying our prayers and listing out all our family members and when we got to Amber and Landin....

Tucker:  "And Noah"

Mommy:  Yes, and Noah in heaven.

Tucker:  No, not Noah in heaven.  Landin's boy Noah.

Mommy:  Yes, that's our cousin Noah he is in heaven.

Tucker:  No, he's a boy that lives at Landin's house.

Mommy:  Yes, he did live at Landin's house, but he died and now he is in heaven.

Tucker shocked:  That makes me sad.  I wish there was a boy Noah at Landin's house.

Julia and Marky are now tearing up

Mommy:  Yes, baby we all wish he was there.

Tucker:  But I guess he's with the other Big Noah from the ark and they are together.  I miss him.

I am not sure why, but Tucker remembers Noah so well even though he was only 3 when he passed.  However he never remembers that Noah is gone and continually asks where he is.  I am glad he remembers and loves him.

1 comment:

holly said...

I miss mc wane big time. And what a witness you were to the shutter guy!!!