Sunday, February 16, 2014

Space and Rocket Center

Today we decided to take a little family field trip to Huntsville to see the U.S. Space and Rocket Center and the current DaVinci exhibit.



I was so happy that college friend Hillary and her family were able to meet us at the last minute.  We had a wonderful day with them!  See the rockets behind us?



We first had lunch- together we had seven kids with us!


Tucker and Hill's children E and H-



Playing under the Saturn I.



Then it was on to the DaVinci exhibit- it's amazing all the things he invented.  I had just read a biography of him to the children so they knew what to expect-


Mirrored room-































Hillary and Jason were kind enough to take Marky on the Space Shot ride- Momma doesn't do "drop" rides!  :)







At one point while my back was turned facing the other direction- someone yelled "There's a child on the moon lander!!!"- Yep, that was Tucker- at the top of the ladder .  Daddy saved him.


We have children every other year of each other so they are really stair steps- ages 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 3, 2!  And they play great together!



Such a wonderful, fun day!

4 comments:

Hillary Dunham said...

D- we love your sweet famy so much!! Thanks for hanging with ou

Hillary Dunham said...

Um... Cut me off!
Our crazy crew. Yes. Anybody who can put up with us is impressive!! Love y'all!!

holly said...

So much fun!! I loved seeing pics of Hil's kids since she quit blogging on us. Totes adorbs

sagefats said...

The other night I had an exhausting dream about Thermal Curtain Failure and accidentally being sent into space with my Space Camp team.