When they got to the Atlanta airport than ran into a choir that was going to be on their same flight to Amsterdam. The head of that choir had been in the BBC under Mr. Berg so they had a sing off in the airport! Then they all sang the Irish blessing together- I wish I could have seen that!
They flew again from Amsterdam to Prague. Prague is just a beautiful city- it received little bombing in World War II and has so much history intact!
Quick rehearsal upon landing-
The famous Charles Bridge-
We had read all about this bridge and how it is believed that the magic sword of the brave Bruncvik is hidden somewhere on it. There are 30 mostly Baroque statues of saints on the gothic bridge.
Then they had lunch and a riverboat tour of Prague-
Marc was THRILLED to see the Prague Astronomical Clock. We had read all about it before he went- we read and reread the book "The Three Golden Keys" that gave us some great history of the city- so he knew what to look for.
They got to climb up the clock tower and look out on the city-
The clock tower components-
















1 comment:
Beautiful! I recognize so many places from my trip there with Merrill...but I certainly didn't do any pre-reading. Way to go, Mama! I'm sure it was much more meaningful that way! (And I love that Marc took so many pictures! I can hardly get Brandon to take one or two pictures when he has local outing with the kiddos.)
Post a Comment