We've had a great, focused school morning and were able to do extra things like poetry writing that we have a hard time getting to with babies here. I thought their poems were so reflective of their interests-
Julia's-
I saw a butterfly in the shed,
When it saw me it turned and fled.
It flew to the garden and saw flowers yummy,
And sucked the nectar in its tummy.
Marc's-
Gandalf battled the Balrog fierce,
And with his sword the beast he pierced.
They fell into the pit so deep,
The fellowship began to weep.
But he did not die in that fearful fight,
He arose again as Gandalf the White
And came to help with his magic power,
And lead them to their shining hour!
Tuesday, September 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Amazing job!! These are fantastic!
Wow. This is totally their precious and unique personalities. Julia's little world is full of butterflies and flowers...I always say she has a "photogenic" mind. Beautiful, sweet and rare. Marky's mind is so far above mine, and he comprehends as well as knows facts. He has a "photograpic" mind, remembers verbatim things he saw and read 3 years ago. He thinks and feels deeply. Both are such gifts to our lives.
Donna, your kids are so precious. School has started here and I have to admit, I am a little jealous of the homeschooling. I miss my babies every day...the plan is to start homeschooling Silas in 2nd grade and then bring the other kids in when they reach 2nd...as long as the K-1 teacher, who rocks, is still around. Great job, keep loving those sweeties!
Impressive. I showed it to Alex. He's impressed too. We'll just stick to memorizing other's poetry for now ;)
Post a Comment