My poor husband.
On the ride home from our outing tonight I somehow got Reba McEntire's "Last One to Know" (circa 1987) song in my head and realized Marc had never heard it. So then I had to sing it. Then I had to get home and play my guitar and sing it again....louder (he may not have gotten the full angst of the song first round).
The guitar thing is funny. My parents bought me a guitar for Christmas my sophomore year of college and I for some reason learned to play it immediately. My mom taught me the basics Christmas day and then it went from there. I played it ALL THE TIME in college- for ministry things, at nursing homes, for my sorority, in the dorms- all the time- and then that was it. I almost never played it ever again. I don't think I ever played it during law school and only when I was in a Bible study that needed a "worship leader" did I pick it up after Marky was born. Tonight I got it out and it was SO MUCH FUN.
And of course, when you look up lyrics to Reba McEntire songs you see all her songs- and let's just say- Reba is in the house tonight (at least all her 80s songs are). What's up. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Hunny hush! You know, the Judds have started touring again after being "off" just as long as you have been "off" from college. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? I'll get Dad to get me a new guitar for Mother's Day, I'll shake off the cobwebs from my vocal chords....AND I THINK WE CAN DO THING THING!!!!!
Keep practicing! I'll be working on our name...Dobecky? Beckadon?
oh, BB's on to something! The traveling tuckers? I'll be your manager ;) I mean, I do live in music city and stalk stars all of the time. that's got to count for something, right? oh, and I have a karaoke system. Marc is really gonna love me when I get to town, and you have a microphone AND a guitar!!!
I want video!!
Ya'll are hilarious!
Doesn't music just make you feel good????
Keep havin' fun!
Let's get together and jam :)
Post a Comment